Tag Archives: The Dalles

Pulpit Rock

Pulpit Rock once stood on a hillside surrounded by nothing but scrub brush and pine trees. In the late 1800’s, this oddly shaped rock was actually used as a pulpit by Methodist missionaries near The Dalles, OR. Continue reading

Posted in Historic Site | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Ghostly Fishing Village

The Lone Pine Tree Indian Village is a ghostly cluster of old weathered buildings that date back to 1896. The fishing village was built by Henry Gulick for his wife, Harriet. Gulick was a Scottish immigrant who came to the area in the 1890’s. Harriet was a member of the native Wasco tribe. Continue reading

Posted in Historic Site | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment